Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Prayers for Boston

I feel like my mind has really been set to the senseless and tragic incident in Boston lately. Like... My mind goes nowhere else. Maybe it's because I'm just starting out as a baby runner or that I long to be a part of something like the Boston, SF, or NY marathons, or that I'm running my first half marathon this fall. Regardless of the reason, my heart is broken. I found a photo with a little saying on Instagram that seems to sum up my thoughts and feelings not just on Boston, but on the world as a whole right now. It's wonderful to see so many people in support of the victims and those who were there. To see so many willing to help and do what they can to bring goodness and light into a terrible situation. But it's also equally disheartening to know that there are a lot of people out there who embody evil. And that seems to prevail all too often. I'm praying for the runners, the spectators, their family & friends who where there... The family and friends of runners who weren't there and had to experience such a panic when hearing the news. Hopefully senseless acts like this will see an end soon. We can hope, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment