Friday, April 19, 2013

NatureBox & ipsy Reveals

Hey all!

I've been glued to CNN since waking up with all of the Boston craziness so I'm blogging to put my mind elsewhere... while CNN continues to air in the background, lol. That being said, this is my first "Box Reveal"! Haha! I'm so excited!

First, the yummies. I found NatureBox somehow via the inter webs and signed up for it. Essentially, it's a monthly box of healthy & all natural snacks that you can try, and if you love, you can purchase from the website. Each month they send 5 full sized snacks for $19.95... A pretty cool deal if you ask me! Check them out HERE.

Onto the food!

So they come in these super sturdy boxes - which are great because you don't want your snacks squashed by the not-always-gentle USPS.


I was actually pretty surprised that those bags are all of decent size. They give you a pretty good amount of the snacks in each little Eco-friendly bag. It looks to be recycled paper and whatnot which also goes with the "NatureBox" thing.


They also included these little cards with info on each snack item and a little recipe for some chicken salad using one of the snack mixes. Kinda cool.

First, I tried the "Taj Mahal Snack Mix". Similar to a trail mix with nuts and raisins and such but it had a wonderful Indian flare to it with some curry seasoning. I would definitely recommend it. You wouldn't think that raisins and curry go together but they're amazing in this mix. There are these little crouton looking crunchies that were my fav part of the mix. Nutritional info is on the back.



















Next was the "Banana Bread Granola". This came in pretty big hunks, which isn't usually how I prefer my granola, but it wasn't bad since I was trying it by itself. It was delish. The banana flavor wasn't overwhelming but it was still semi sweet and super crunchy. And it's vegan for those Of you who also are. I think it would be amazing in yogurt!


















Thennnn there are the "Lemon Meringue Waffles". Super good! Crunchy, lemony, sweet, but not overwhelming. I think though that the lemon flavor isn't baked in but that the waffles were dipped after the fact because the flavor hits you immediately and then sort of dissipates. Also vegan.


















Onto the "Whole Wheat Raspberry Figgy Bars". Pretty standard fig newton type bar. Sweet, soft, yummy. If you're into fig bars, to is a good healthier & natural option. Also vegan.


















Now this one was my favorite... The "Italian Bistro Pretzels". Hoooollllly cow they're good. Super seasoned, tastes kinda like garlic bread or some type of basil, tomato, pizza cracker. So good. There is A LOT of flavor packed in though, so the taste really stays with you. Be sure to chew on some gum afterwards. Lol


















Now for the ipsy April Glam Bag.

If you have never heard of ipsy, you can check them out HERE. For $10 a month they send you a cute little makeup bag full of beauty products. Once I dumped my Birchbox subscription because they started sending weird tea and power bars that had nothing to do with beauty, I switched to ipsy and Beauty Army.

So fun! The theme was "pink" so everything included was either in pink packaging or pink in color and came in a cute little white and pink makeup bag and the signature metallic pink ipsy shipping envelope.


The first thing I looked at was the "Love at First Byte" nail lacquer color from Sation’s Miss Antoinette Spring 2013 nail lacquer collection. They recently paired with ipsy from Miss Professional Nail. My shellac mani was still holding strong so I didn't try it on my nails, but on my mom's. it's a great thickness and such a cute color! A pretty Barbie pink. <3


Next I gave the Bombshell brand blush in "Sweet Cheeks" color a try. I'm so in love! It's a gorgeous pink color and I've replaced my old blush with this one. The is a bit of iridescence to it which I adore. A little goes a long way with this one though, so it should last me quite a while.


Onto the .07 oz container if Big Sexy Hair's "POW! powder Play" hair volume zed & texturizing. You can see what the powder itself looks like in my hand.


It reminds me of a dry shampoo. Gives that same volumizing quality as a dry shampoo but has no odor which I really like. Seems to do its job. I'm an instant fan.

Lastly, there's the MICA Beauty Cosmetics Shimmer Powder in "Earth" color - a beautiful light rose pink. It's VERY shimmery so if you are looking for a glitter quality, you found it. It works well with my super pale skin tone because it's not an overwhelming color on my skin. I have pink undertones so it totally works for me. I put a little on my thumb so you could Kline of see it in the photo. Still doesn't do it much justice. I need to figure out how to take better quality photos on my iPad... Or just buy a new fancy shmancey camera. Yes!


Overall, super stoked about my boxes this month. I definitely have an addiction as I subscribed to like 3 additional boxes this month, haha! So get ready for those reveals in the future.

Xoxo,
Tor

No comments:

Post a Comment