Thursday, April 4, 2013

Funky funk

Hey y'all!

Happy Thursday to you! I've had a really weird day and I'm not sure how to feel about it so far.

On the plus side: I got my screwy iPhone replaced at the Apple store today, was able to finish my seemingly never-ending laundry pile (huzzah!), had my nearest and dearest friend do me a HUGE favor by purchasing my OSL Music Festival tickets for me while I was at Apple (and we realized in our 10 years of friendship, we've never been in a fight - crazy), made a little lunch, was able to see Justin in the middle of the day, etc etc. It's not much, but it's the little things, right?

'

On the not so plus side: my iPhone 5 had never been backed up so I lost all of my texts, apps, and photos, poor Justin hurt his back playing softball last night so he has been in pain literally since 7pm and I feel terrible, I may have unintentionally pissed him off royally with a social media post, aaaand I did not go on a run today. I mean, the run thing is nothing new. I don't go more often than I actually get it together and go but I'm hoping since I'm "training" for a half marathon in September that I will get my butt in gear soon. However, whenever I seem to think about running... this happens instead:


And that kind of ruins my mojo.You can't tell in that picture (mostly because it's not actually me) but I am usually watching episodes of The Walking Dead, Criminal Minds, or SVU.

So how does one get themselves out of a crazy funk that really has no business being there? I was productive today kinda. There is nothing more on my "to-do" list that needs to get checked off... Except maybe running to a drugstore to get Justin some Salonpas patches or something. I've always wondered if those actually worked, so why not try them on my poor injured guinea pig boyfriend?! Haha! Yesssssss.

That seemed to help the funk a little bit. :) That and the fact that I just got my very first Cara Box matches for this month. Thanks for the 411 on this cool program, Chel. I suggest you check it out if you are a monthly box subscription junkie like myself. I just signed up for 3 more new boxes as of yesterday as well. Maybe I'll get them all at the same time and do one really big & confusing reveal. Haha! Jk. I think that would hurt everyone's brain too much. Including my own.

So back to getting yourself out of the funk. I think you can change your entire life with a simple change of the way you think. If you start to act like and believe that you are a positive person, guess what? You become one. At Justin's softball games yesterday we walked into the park and I saw this written on the pathway:


Pretty cool, right? I then immediately realized that my long time friend, Amanda was the keeper of this particular park for a living and this was her doing from earlier in the day. During a break she went around with some chalk and wrote positive messages all over the place to brighten park-goers' day and bring a smile to their face. It certainly worked for me when I saw it, and I texted her immediately and she stopped by to say hi and watch some of the game. But really, you can instantly change your mood just by thinking positive thoughts and knowing there are tons of positive people out there like my Amanda just trying to bring smiles to faces.

That seems to help me. :)

What do you do to get out of weird & funky moods?

Xoxo,
Tor




No comments:

Post a Comment